1/29/10

Whyyyyyy????

Why is it, when you ask your child (and by "your" I mean "my") to clean up their room they begin whining that they can't do it, it's too hard, they need  help, they don't want to....on and on? When if they would just start it would be over in mere minutes?
Why?
Can I do that?
"I don't waaaannnttt to go to wooorrrkkk! I don't waaaaaant to. I don't WAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNTTTT toooooooooo! Sniff*sniff* Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?????? Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!"

Any thoughts?

Maybe I should go secretly video the crying/whining fit that is happening in the other room....

2 comments:

  1. If you figure this out, please give me a hollar!

    I swear they spend so much of their energy on saying they can't that they have none left to do anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having the same problem with our 9 y/o daughter. All of a sudden cleaning her room, or even straightening up, is like a death sentence. Gimme a break! I say, film the fit, and threaten to bring it out the next time her friends are over ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin