12/2/09

Hadda Bad Day

Well, as if yesterday wasn't going to be crazy enough on it's own, I got a speeding ticket! Doh! First I have had in about 10 or 12 years. ANNNDDD I didn't have my proof of insurance with me, no, of course not. Instead I had like 25 insurance cards from the past but not the current one. Doh! I distinctly remember when the new cards came in, I forced my husband's into his hand so he wouldn't leave it on his dresser and I made sure my niece took hers. Then apparently I lit my on fire and did a voodoo dance...

So, while I was getting my tickets, the kids were asking a million questions and the minutes were flying out the window...See I was rushing to get my kids from school to my moms' so I could then drive 20 miles south to my mamogram appointment (Is that TMI? It is just a precaution, no problems, don't concern yourselves). So I missed the appointment, continued onto to my moms where I vented and she consoled.

Then I spent an hour curling my little 6 year old Bon Bon's stick straight hair into ringlet for the Nutcracker dress rehearsal. Which, by the way, I had to sit through with all twelve Bon Bons as their "monitor". That should read: Lady who is a pushover and lets them get away with murder and is too stressed or tired to care.

And when I got home my husband had brought home our Christmas tree. Nice, right? Excpet it is 12 FEET TALL! What?!?! I was pretty stunned when I saw it in all it's evergreen glory touching the ceiling surrounded by mass qunatities of fallen needles. I tried to be happy but all I could think was, "Oh, look A LOT of work for me to do tomorrow when I finally might have a tiny break after school before dance. Yea."

Okay, enough venting. I am going to have a better day today. Slowing down will help with that.

5 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, I got 2 speeding tickets in one week. One while driving home from Florida and the other while rushing to a store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that is a rough day! I am so sorry. I'm not sure which is worse, the ticket of the 12 foot tree.
    Hang in there.
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is a bad day. :(

    That is why I like my nice plastic tree. I can just dust it off and it's good to go! :) I'm lazy like that! I think I'd kill my husband if he came home with a 12 foot tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! Following you in google friend connect. Hope you can do the same thing. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin