9/7/09

Ratatouille


This is my recipe for Ratatouille. It is most likely not the traditional version but it is delicious, very comforting, and mine. Enjoy!

5-6 skinny eggplants (this is the kind we grow, but we don't know the name :l)
5 tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 whole large onion
3/4 stalk celery
1 large bell pepper
1 Tb dried oregano
2 Tb fresh parsley
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
olive oil
(I will also add zucchini and mushrooms if I have them, but I didn't this time)

Baguette
Monterrey Jack cheese
Butter

Cut all veggies appx the same size, mince garlic. Drizzle skillet with olive oil. Add veggies, garlic and seasonings. Cook on medium heat, stirring often. Put a lid on and check often. I add about 1/2 cup water midway through to help veggies cook down and not stick.

Slice baguette, melt butter and brush on one side of each slice. Place on a cookie sheet, add slice of cheese to each. Toast until cheese is JUST melted, you don't want crispy, hard toast.

To serve place several slices of toast on a plate, spoon ratatouille over or use toast to scoop the warm, savory dish into your waiting (possibly drooling) mouth.

Perfect warm-up for fall weather!

3 comments:

  1. hi neva!
    wow, you don't know how i love typing that, my daughter's middle name is neva and people are always like... "what??" where did that come from? so hi neva! nice to meet you!! i love ratatouille it makes the house smell like "fall." love it! have a great day!
    smiles,
    shelley
    http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com
    http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great...and with the toasted cheese bread...YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Neva, I would love to have you on my Friends-Day Wednesday post. Email me at daisymo4@hotmail.com, if you are interested. I'll do interview questions.
    Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin