8/30/09

Simple Dinner



This is a great, easy dinner for non-meat eaters (I chose to make it with chicken meatballs this time). I ordered this delicious dish in Little Italy in Boston and it was so yummy! My version isn't as exquisite but I am sure if the chef in Little Italy had two kids underfoot at all times his would taste like mine, too.

Baked Ricotta Pasta

Box of Penne (the restaurant used a large, elbow macaroni that I have yet to find)
Homemade or Jar tomato sauce
Ricotta
Parmesan
And if you want to add meat:
Ground Chicken
Handful of basil and parsley
Crushed garlic
Salt and Pepper

Boil water, salt, add pasta- cook until al dente.

Warm sauce, add whatever you like to make it special. I added finely chopped spinach so I wouldn't have to make a veggie side dish. Lazy and smart!

For meat lov-ahs: Combine ground chicken, garlic, chopped basil and parsley, salt and pepper. Roll into small meatballs (slightly larger than an olive). Drizzle olive oil in a pan, cook meatballs on medium heat, turning often to evenly cook (I place a lid on to help distribute the heat from time to time).

Drain noodles. Put back in pot, add a cup of sauce and toss. Oil a casserole dish. Pour sauced noodles into casserole dish. Add rest of sauce on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Add large scoops of ricotta all over the top. Bake for 10-15 minutes (enough to heat everything together and melt the ricotta slightly). Remove from oven, add meatballs, sprinkle with more Parmesan. Eat it up!!

So good and comforting!

2 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin