10/13/10

Google Meatloaf

When you google "meatloaf" you find that you can either make a delicious meat dish or read the lyrics for many songs of a big man with a big voice. Also, try "mum", I love these double reference searches.

Anyway, not that my meatloaf is super special or anything but I love it and my kids love it.

Sorry no photo, as soon as I took it out of the oven it was attacked like it was brains and my family were brain-hungry zombies!

Neva's Loaf o' Meat
1-2 pounds ground beef
1 large clove of garlic
1/4 onion- chopped fine
1 stalk celery- chopped fine
handful of Parsley- chop it up!
Worcestershire sauce (can never spell this one right!)
Salt and pepper
Paprika
1-2 eggs
1/4 rolled oats
Any other fresh herbs I might have like thyme- chop, chop!

I think that's it.

Mix it up in a bowl. I like making two smaller meatloaf if I use 2 pounds of meat. Pick up that meat mix and ball it up, slap it down, and shape it into a loaf or ball. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, place the loaf in pan, cover with foil and back 350 for an hour. I put some ketchup on top halfway through the cooking time but I don't like to slather it with ketchup like some. And tonight I think I am going to try our new World Market purchase- Curry Ketchup. (Postscript: Oh Man, that Curry Ketchup was amaaazing! It takes meatloaf to a whole new level! Go get some, like now!)

Serving with baked sweet potatoes and canned green beans (the cupboard and fridge are quite bare!). If there are leftover the kids are getting meatloaf sandwiches in their lunches.

Looking into making Chicken Corn Chowder, which I haven't made in about 12 years and also a Sweet Chili Sauce with all these chili's someone gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin