7/7/11

Pack Rats and Fit Throwers

REPOST from way back...however, we are going through this exact same thing right now! Sheesh!



Okay, remember that screaming-crying fit my daughter was having yesterday regarding cleaning her room?

Well, today we got up and started cleaning. I took my eldest and we tackled her room and my mother-in-law (Honey, aka MIL) took my youngest (Fit-Thrower) and tackled her room.

*Tick tock, tick tock*Hours later...

I emerged from B's room, with a yard bag (you know the kind you put leaves in?) of trash, freezing feet (our floors are tile) and a slight case of exhaustion. I headed into Z's (Fit-Thrower) room thinking we were all close to completion and found about 1/4 of it cleaned. You see, my MIL and Z had cleaned Stuff You Don't See! What? Really! I mean, we have 15 inches of shit piled on the floor, a mish mash of dirty clothes, clean clothes, candy wrappers, toys, paper, books, small animals, nuclear waste....and they are concentrating on the stuff you CAN'T see, ie: under the bed and in the closet!

So I started whipping around the room, tossing stuff when Z wasn't looking...cause you know what? She is a pack rat- she keeps papers FOREVER, wrappers, McDonalds toys, etc. and so does Bella. What am I doing that is making these kids like this?

Anyway, I digress...tossing stuff in the lawn bag, making piles, sweeping...Basically going like a mad-woman! Z has lost interest at this point and moved on which allows me to move much faster.

So after hours of cleaning, I break for lunch, go back to clean some more, do mountains of laundry and finally I have this to show for it...(sorry, i couldn't bring myself to take a before photo, it was just to painful).

















B's art desk, you may not recognize it because it looked like this last time. And those are zinnia's I painted for her, she loves red and teal and so do I.

















Yes, that's a giant shiny, silver Sonic the hedgehog on her bed...
 

My father made this shelf when I was a child, to use at the Post Office where he worked. It has been buried for year in my sister's garage, I am letting B use it because I can't give it to her- I want it too bad! And that is about as organized as it will ever be in her room.


Z's room, and another Sonic.


Her rug hasn't been this clean since I took the tags off it. Her church clothes are all laid out on her chair she painted, stood on, broke, I glued back together, and now it can only hold a doll.

 
Z's life is playing school. She is continuously talking to her class, instructing them, asking them to follow her...It is adorable and if she doesn't become a teacher in about 18 years I don't know what we will do.


A better shot of her school area- table, laptop (not a real one, silly), her ABC chart...And the teacher, hard at work in nightgown and slippers.


I am seriously considering moving into one of their rooms, since I have no energy left to straighten mine.

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel good when things are nice and clean? Love it.

    My daughter is dealing with the same issues. We actually took away all her toys (in 3 large yard bags) and have put them in the pool house until she can keep her room clean and organized. That was 3 months ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two clean and organised rooms - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the crap they accumulate... and g doesn't want to get rid of anything...good job throwing stuff out!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin