8/31/09

Chicken Lollipops



Made these for dinner and to go in the girls' lunch boxes last night. Easy and quick and the kids couldn't get enough!

Pack of Chicken Tenders
10 Large Whole Wheat Crackers (I used Bistro brand)
1 egg
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
Olive Oil
Skewers (I cut mine in half with scissors)

Preheat over on broil. Place rack in center of oven. Drizzle cookie sheet with olive oil.

Skewer chicken, I scrunch the chicken up like an inchworm and slide the skewer through. Leave some skewer hanging out for "lollipop" stick.

Whisk egg. Put crackers in a baggie, crush until fine. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Dip chicken in egg, coat with crackers crumbs. Place chicken lollipop on pan, wiggle slightly to coat bottom with oil. Repeat with all. Drizzle top of chicken with olive oil. Broil for 10-15 minutes, turning repeatedly.

Let cool slightly or the kids will blister their mouth trying to gobble them up! Serve with your favorite condiment.

3 comments:

  1. You are the best, the boys will love this.
    Get them (and me) out of their pizza, mac n cheese rut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I bet my kids would love these. Checking in from the MBC. I'm following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative with the food. My son would love these. Anything on a stick is AWESOME, right??? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin